Friday, October 12, 2012

Chicken Dance!

 
That's chick feed all over the floor!  Henny does NOT like the feed IN the feeder, she thinks they have to eat off of the cement floor!  The bedding is scratched into a different corner every day, but the chicks are warm, happy and growing!  They are getting tall, and you can see tail feathers on some of them already!  Henny still takes them to the pet carrier at night for a warm place to sleep.  Last weekend it was 23 degrees F. and they were all nestled under her wings in the carrier chirping away!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Can't wait to show these to the kids in the morning! The chickies are getting so big!!!

Jan said...

buk buk buk BWAUCKK!
ha ha! I can't believe I never published that chicken/rabbit saga! ha! I am so tempted to go get a couple little chicks to liven up my hen house! But we will probably be moving to Pristena in the next couple of months. We'll be living in town so I will probably keep my hens at the camp or give them to one of the locals who admire them everyday!